I know I probably say this every year but I am seriously shocked at how fast the years go by. I really just don’t get it. 2012 ended much faster then I was ready for and I feel like my head is still spinning a bit. Looking back we had such a great year, each of us individually and as a family. We tried new things, went new places, and made new friends. Over all it was just fun!! My word for last year was Let It Be, and once again it was perfect for what I needed and it helped me so much move on from some of the sadness of the past few years. In fact, I liked it so much I will probably keep it as a back up word for this year too, it’s just that awesome. I had a really hard time coming up with this years word, I thought for a while that maybe I just needed to do a second year of Let It Be and then finally, last night, I put my finger on what I was feeling that I wanted this year to be. So, it all kinda started with the marathon. Early last year Mike and I signed up for the St. George marathon as a way to get moving and to try and do something hard and to definitely do something we have never done before. And all those things were exactly what it was for us. Over the course of the whole experience though I realized something about myself. Running just doesn’t fill my soul and why was I putting so much time and energy into something that doesn’t do that for me? I realized that I should be spending my time doing things that will fulfill me as a person, not just doing things because everyone else is doing it. I have thought a lot about all the things that would fill my soul and that led to my word for 2013.
Ready for it?
This year I want to live!!
I want to do things fun and different and hilarious and colorful and beautiful. And I want that in all aspects of my life, at home and in my business. All the possibilities kind of make my head explode and last night I just couldn’t sleep because I was so excited. Here is a little list of things that are some of the things I want to experience this year…
1. I want to go for a ride in a hot air balloon.
2. I want to go to monument valley. We have talked about doing this for the last 5 years, I just want to go already
3. I want to learn how to make funnel cake.
4. paint, paint, paint. For my birthday Mike signed me up for an art class and I just can’t wait for it to start. Painting definitely fills my soul.
5. Mike and I have been working on a project for about the last 3 years, this is the year I want to let it out into the world. It’s been a lot of hard work and a lot more hard work is needed but I think it’s going to be amazing.
6. I want to own a cactus. I have a hard time keeping plants alive, but I love them, so I think I just have to find ones that will work for me and I think a cactus might be it. Plus, I just think they are neat.
7. I want to do at lest 2 photo essays. I want to do one of each of my boys and where they are in their life right now because they are on the verge of some pretty big changes in the next few years and just want to remember all that they are now.
So, that’s the start of what I think is a promising list. I’m excited to add to it and see where it takes me. I think all this living is going to be rad!
Last year my band was Dave Matthews and he was good to me. We didn’t get to see him live but there is always this year. That would fall perfectly into my year of really living.
For this year I want my music to be that of Bon Iver. I just discovered him a few months ago and he moves my soul, I truly love it and it makes me happy.
I did alright with my Polaroid photo project last year, surprisingly I still have 4 packs of film left so the fun will continue! Here are some highlights and I really hope that blogging won’t be on the back burner this year because I really love this blog. Happy 2013!!
P.S. If you are interested in reading more about my yearly word you can check out these posts… 2011 Gratitude… 2010 Love… 2009 Eliminate